Slide

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

6 Ways To Start Your Morning Off The Right Way



Let's be real. Mornings are hard.

I wish I could say that every morning I jump out of bed ready for a beautiful day, but the reality is that most people have to work hard to enjoy the getting up part of mornings and I'm in that majority.

Mornings are a great time to get things done and be productive. These are a few tips I've learned to help get me going in the morning. Hopefully these will help you too in starting your day off right.

Make Your Bed

Open The Blinds

Make A Yummy/Healthy breakfast

Get Outside

Plan Your Day


Read Your Bible + Pray


Make your bed <> I find making my bed in the morning helps me in two ways. 1) When I first jump roll out of bed making my bed gets me moving and wakes me up a little. 2) Once the bed is make it's way less temping to get bed in it and fell asleep.

Open the blinds or windows <> Getting natural light into the room while getting ready is a great way to boost your mood and wake you up. If the weathers nice out, open a window to let the fresh air flow through and hear the birds chirping.

Make a yummy/healthy breakfast <> This is something to look forward to and something to give you energy and keep you going all morning. Take the time to make pancakes or enjoy fresh fruit rather than skipping breakfast.

Get outside <> This could be simply eating your breakfast on your back porch, going on a walk, stretching outside, or doing a full blown workout. Whatever you do, being outside in the fresh air and sunlight will definitely boost your mood and energy.

Plan your day <> Take a few minutes to write out your to do list for the day, check your planner for appointments, and maybe write a bit in your journal. Get it all out on paper to make your mind less cluttered throughout the day.

Read your bible + pray <> There’s no better way to start the day than with the Word of God. Set aside a few minutes each morning to read the Bible and pray. Trust me, you’ll set yourself up for a better day ahead when you take the time.


What do you do in the mornings to start your day off right?
Should I post a 'Start Your Morning Off The Right Way 2' with my fav breakfast recipes?

♥Katie

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Carissa! Happy you liked it. =)

      ♥Katie

      Delete
  2. I'd love to hear some new breakfast recipes! I'm always looking for new ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, great! Thanks for letting me know. :) I'll try to create a post with them soon. I also love finding new breakfast recipes!

      ♥Katie

      Delete
  3. I am such a bad morning person! My mom is always getting after me to get up with the rest of the family, and I try. But I always fall back asleep after the alarm goes off! My bedroom is in the garage, so I don't here the family noises that used to help me stay awake ;P
    This is an awesome list of things. I should really write this down and try to do as much of it as I can each morning. Thank you for sharing, Katie! <3
    P.S. Yes! I would love to see some of your favorite breakfast recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time too, not falling asleep after the alarm has gone off. My alarm is on the other side of the room but I still manage to get out of bed, turn it off, and fall back to sleep. :P :D

      I'm glad they're helpful. Your very welcome! I've gotten a lot of requests for breakfast recipes so I'll definitely try to get those up soon!

      ♥Katie

      Delete
  4. I would love to see some of your favorite breakfast recipes! I'm always looking for new ones to try! Some of the items on this list are hard for me because I'm always super rushed in the morning getting ready for school, but some of these things I really do need to remember to take time to do! Making my bed, for example, takes 5 seconds and would really help my room look neater. It's also on my chore chart, though I never do it, so if I did it I would earn a little extra $. I already read a devotion book and pray with my mom and sister every morning, but I need to remind myself to open my blinds more often. Sometimes it makes me feel weird to have natural light, but it really helps open up the space and wake you up!
    Thanks for the ideas, Katie! I enjoy your tips, and every post is great! :D
    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast recipes are now my top priority for the blog! ;) It's heard to find breakfast recipes that are quick and easy to make so I'm always looking for new ones too. That's so neat that you have devotions with your family every morning. How special!

      Thank you so much for saying that, Jennifer! I'm so glad you like them!

      ♥Katie

      Delete
  5. I really liked this post, Katie! I really need to do these things more often ;)
    Yes please do a breakfast recipes post!!!!! :)

    :) Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! I'll definitely start working on a breakfast post! ;)

      ♥Katie

      Delete
  6. All of those are good suggestions! I should go make my bed... :)

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they're helpful! Well, I'll let you get to it. xD JK. xD

      Thanks for taking to time to read + comment!

      ♥Katie

      Delete

♥ Comments make my day! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...