Slide

Monday, January 9, 2017

DIY Homemade Play Dough

Today is a DIY day! It's been a few weeks since I've posted a DIY on the blog, so I thought it was high time I did. DIY's are probably my favorite type of posts! I hope you try this tutorial/recipe, for homemade play dough!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup salt
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp cream of tarter
  • few drops food coloring  

In a saucepan, add the flour,
 salt,
 water,
oil
 and cream of tarter.
Turn the burner onto medium/low, and stir the ingredients together. Add the food coloring 
Stir together.
.
It will be lumpy right at first but that's alright. Continue to stir until the dough begins to stiffen up. (About 2 minutes)
 Continue to stir, and soon the dough will pull into a ball around your spoon.
Remove the dough from the saucepan. You can place it on a plate, or piece of parchment paper to cool. Or just kneed it with your hands. It's pretty fun while it's still warm because it's very soft. ;) Store the play dough in a plastic bag, or an airtight container.

I hope you try out this tutorial! You can make this in less than five minutes, and cleanup is super easy-- you only have one dish to wash! You can easily pin it for later if you don't try it now! Just hover over the picture, and click the Pinterest icon! 'Til next week! ♥Katie

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally have to try that next time I'm watching my little siblings! I've tried some before and it hasn't worked out as well as it looks like yours did! Thanks for sharing! Hey, I'm also curious how you got the hover Pinterest button!
    ~ Light4theLord
    https://dollsnall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I'm glad you liked it! I hope you do try it! I've used this recipe a ton, and it's worked with fail. :)

      To get the hover button I use a "service" (I'm not sure what the correct term for it is!) called 'Sumo Me' that has a lot of ways to add share buttons and things to your blog. (I set up the pink side-bar on the left of this page through them.) And they have an option to add a hover button over pictures. 'Sumo Me' is completely free, and its helped me a lot. Here's a link to the site just in case. :) https://sumome.com/

      There's also a way to get the hover button directly through Pinterest. I half way tried it, but didn't end up using it. :) If you go to your profile on Pinterest, on the top left of your page there are three icons, the icon farthest to the right is three little dots. If you click on them, a drop down menu will pop up. Click on the bar that says 'Make a Widget'. It will take you to another page and they should explain there how to get it. :)I'm not great at describing things, but I hope this is helpful anyways!

      ~Katie

      Delete

♥ Comments make my day! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...